Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Clockwork Princess

First of all, when I realized that it was a trilogy (after I finished reading it) I was not happy. 
This is pretty much how I felt. Anyway, this review will probably be pretty short. So first off, Jem. Why did he not get married to Tessa sooner? Although, I get what Ms. Clare was doing. If Tessa did end up marrying Jem, then she might have had some guilt or whatever. Anyway, I am so glad that Jem did not die, but became a Silent Brother. The Silent Brothers creep me out, but this was the only way Jem could stay alive, even if he couldn't stay with Tessa or Will.

Will. This man, declaring his love for Tessa like that? Oh man, I had to take a minute after reading it. Will is such a beautiful man and I am glad that we got a chance to see his true self in this book. Granted, I missed his remarks about everything, and agree with Tessa that he shouldn't be all loving all the time. Personally, I don't want to be smothered with love, but sprinkled with it. However, I am not a character in this book and this isn't all about me. 

I feel like Will moved in when Tessa was vulnerable. She turned to him because she was grieving, as was he. She did love Will while engaged to Jem, so it wasn't completely bad that she spent the night with Will, but it seemed inappropriate right after Jem died. But that was their decision. I am happy that they both got their happy ever after, especially after Will grew old and passed away. I don't know how Tessa could deal, watching her own children grow old and have their own children and grandchildren while she didn't age or aged slowly. I never understood that about immortal people (not vampires, I get that they pretty much freeze at their age.) But she does get her happy ever after in the end with Jem. So she did get a second chance to be happy with him, years after she was happy with Will.

Highly recommend this book, obviously if you have read the first two. I wish Ms. Clare would come out with a second one, but I understand that all stories must end at some point.

Read on! 
Maddy Nicole! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment