Thursday, July 11, 2013

Chasing McCree

This book, what can I say about this book? I can say that I have never wanted a book to over more in my life. This book dragged out, chapters filling the pages with boring fluff. All the action was at the end when my head was elsewhere because of how boring the rest of the book was.

I have a bad habit of comparing books to each other. The one book that popped into my mind when reading this book was Lost and Found by Nicole Williams. Now I can't give this book too much crap on being similar considering it was published a month before Lost and Found. So instead of comparing it to Lost and Found, I will do the right thing and give this book its own review.

So to start, why not buy a ranch in Florida, Chase? That would solve some problems. You could even move your family business down to Florida. Why you didn't do that, I have no idea. Secondly, you are a hero on horseback. I would love to stumble into you while walking around at night (although I wouldn't be walking around at night alone and would probably run away from any stranger on horseback).

Briar, what the heck is wrong with you? Honestly, I thought you were going to be stuck up and not want anything to do with Chase when you woke up sober at his house. I think that would have made the book more interesting. Like you are stuck up and enjoy being friends with those losers and are all for marrying Alex like your parents want. Then, Chase comes into your live and you can't get him out of your head.  Then, when he leaves for Montana, you are upset that he left and your friends get upset because you just aren't into anything anymore. So they ditch you and you decide to go to Montana to find Chase since you can't get him out of your mind. You find him, tell him you can't stop thinking about him but he doesn't want anything to do with you since you had your chance and threw it away. You stay on the ranch to prove to him you changed and he slowly falls for you as you continue to fall for him. Eventually you are both head over heels (or in this case, boots) for each other and then the story continues on, people wanting to sabotage the ranch and buy it from Chase. I think that would have made the story more interesting.

To me, this story was really plain and boring and a bit predictable, especially when the author made huge hints about everything, making it very easy to see what would happen next. However, this is just my opinion and plenty of other people seemed to really like this book.

Overall, 3-3.5 stars.
Read on!
Maddy Nicole <3

No comments:

Post a Comment